This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LatteMadeEasy #CollectiveBias
Cozying with a latte and my browned butter cardamom cookies
There’s really nothing better than cozying up in the afternoon during the Fall with a nice hot latte and a browned butter cardamom cookie. One of my goals this Fall is to spend less time and money in coffee shops to save money for our move to New York. International Delight® One Touch Latte’™ has been a huge help with this! My favorite afternoon treat right now is to pair the caramel flavor with my Fall cardamom cookies. It wasn’t until recently that I began using cardamom in more recipes. When I first made these cookies my husband had literally finished them off with a couple of days. Yes, they are that good! If you’re new to baking with cardamom and aren’t sure if you’ll love it, you can always cut the amount in half for a more subtle flavor.
Press it, press it real good!
In three easy steps you’ll have your very on latte made at home! One Touch Latte’™ can help you create a latte in 3 easy steps. Fill cup 2/3 with coffee to leave room for froth. Shake the One Touch Latte’™ can. Press and hold the can above coffee to cream to desired sweetness and enjoy! It sweetens, it creams, it flavors, … IT FROTHS! FOR REAL. Just shake it, press, and—ta da! — it transforms your everyday coffee into a foam-topped latte.
You can find International Delight® One Touch Latte’™ at your nearest Walmart!
Browned Butter Cardamom Cookies Recipe
I hope you enjoy these browned butter cardamom cookies! Make sure to pair it with your Caramel One Touch Latte’™!
- 1 cup salted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom (divided)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbs whole milk
- Melt butter in 2-quart heavy saucepan over medium heat. Continue cooking, stirring constantly and watching closely, until butter just starts to turn golden brown (3 to 5 minutes). (Butter will get foamy and bubble.) Immediately remove from heat.
- Pour into bowl; refrigerate until cooled (30 minutes).
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cooled browned butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; beat at medium speed until well mixed.
- Add egg yolk, vanilla and 1 tsp cardamom; continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low. Beat, gradually adding flour, until mixture is no longer crumbly and forms a dough. If the dough is too crumbly add up to 2 Tbs whole milk until dough comes together.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls or use a small cookie scoop.
- Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies puff and start to turn light golden brown. (Cookies will have cracks in them.)
- In a separate bowl mix powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp cardamom.
- Allow to cool 1 minute on cookie sheets. Immediately remove to a cooling rack and cool an additional minute.
- Roll cookies in powdered sugar while warm and again when completely cooled. Store between sheets of waxed paper in loosely covered container.