This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DonVictorHoney #HappyHealthyHoney #CollectiveBias
An easy weeknight dinner recipe to start 2018 with!
New Years Resolution #1 : Cook at home more often!
It’s almost 2018! We’ve spent the last few days recuperating from all of the food and drinking we’ve been doing and our ready to take on some New Years Resolutions for 2018! One of our New Years resolutions is to not eat out as much. Living in New York city it’s hard not to eat out every night of the week, but we are going to try! I recently bought a slow cooker and it has made prepping meals for the week ahead that much easier.
One of my favorite week night meals that’s easy to prepare is this Honey Garlic Chicken recipe. Why not start 2018 off with a yummy, and easy meal for the family?
Don Victor® Orange Blossom Comb Honey Globe Jar makes for the perfect honey for this recipe. Don Victor® Honey is raw, filtered honey, not heated or processed in any other way. Make sure you had the Hispanic Isle at your local Walmart to find Don Victor® Honey.
Another way you can incorporate Don Victor® Honey into everyday recipes is by using the Honeycomb. Toast a piece of your favorite bread or an English muffin. While it is still very hot, spread it lightly with butter. With a knife, cut a chunk of comb honey and spread it over the toast. You may have to mash it a bit, but the heat will soften the comb so it flattens into the toast along with the honey. It doesn’t melt, but becomes soft and aromatic, and it’s delicious!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup Don Victor® Orange Blossom Comb Honey Globe Jar
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger , minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 5 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 small onion , finely diced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- Combine soy sauce, honey, hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, fresh ginger, garlic, chopped onion and chili flakes.
- Place chicken breasts in slow cooker and pour sauce on top. Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons of water and cornstarch. Place liquid from slow cooker into a saucepan and bring to a boil. While stirring the liquid, add cornstarch mixture a little at a time and stir until thickened. Let boil 1 minute.
- Pour sauce over shredded chicken and stir to combine.
- Serve over rice with desired toppings.