This post is intended for an audience of adults age 21 and older. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Bacardi. All opinions are mine alone. #SignatureSips #CollectiveBias
A budget friendly Girls Night In featuring my fave Rum Punch Recipe!
Now that 2018 has arrived I’ve been trying to really make it a point to keep on track with my finances and spending. My biggest expense of 2017? Food and nights out. Not entirely shocking, since I love a girls night out or fancy date night with my man. However, it adds up quickly. I decided to switch it up this past weekend and host a fun Girls Night In at our new place!
Choosing a spirit
When I’m making a punch for a crowd I want to choose a more neutral spirit that will balance well with a fruit juice or lemonade. I went with Rum since Rum Cocktails are one of the 10 most popular drinks. For this punch I chose Bacardi Limón. It’s light, balanced and extremely mixable. The perfect Strawberry Lemonade for my punch happened to be one of the Signature Drinks, only available at Wendy’s! Their Strawberry Lemonade is made with real lemons and strawberries which make for a high quality and delicious lemonade!
What pairs great with Strawberry Lemonade Rum Punch? The spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy’s.
How to make
- Grab a pitcher and get ready to start mixing!
- Since the Wendy’s Strawberry Lemonade Signature Drink is already delicious I kept the additional ingredients to a minimum
- Start by adding 8-10 ounces of Bacardi Limón to your pitcher
- Then add Wendy’s Signature Strawberry Lemonade
- Tear 5-6 mint leaves and add to pitcher
- Add two to three lemon slices
- Stir and place pitcher in fridge for 1-2 hours to get nice and cold(I don’t like added ice to my punches as it tends to dilute the drinks!)
- Once ready to serve fill glasses 3/4’s of the way with the punch and top with soda water
- Garnish with a mint sprig and lemon slice!