This post is intended for an audience of adults age 21 and older. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Bacardi. All opinions are mine alone. #SignatureSips #CollectiveBias
A budget friendly Girls Night In featuring my fave Rum Punch Recipe!
Now that 2018 has arrived I’ve been trying to really make it a point to keep on track with my finances and spending. My biggest expense of 2017? Food and nights out. Not entirely shocking, since I love a girls night out or fancy date night with my man. However, it adds up quickly. I decided to switch it up this past weekend and host a fun Girls Night In at our new place!
Choosing a spirit
When I’m making a punch for a crowd I want to choose a more neutral spirit that will balance well with a fruit juice or lemonade. I went with Rum since Rum Cocktails are one of the 10 most popular drinks. For this punch I chose Bacardi Limón. It’s light, balanced and extremely mixable. I was able to find a delicious strawberry lemonade to mix with the Bacardi Limón. This Strawberry Lemonade is made with real lemons and strawberries which make for a high quality and delicious lemonade!
What pairs great with Strawberry Lemonade Rum Punch? The spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy’s.
How to make
- Grab a pitcher and get ready to start mixing!
- Since the Wendy’s Strawberry Lemonade Signature Drink is already delicious I kept the additional ingredients to a minimum
- Start by adding 8-10 ounces of Bacardi Limón to your pitcher
- Then add Wendy’s Signature Strawberry Lemonade
- Tear 5-6 mint leaves and add to pitcher
- Add two to three lemon slices
- Stir and place pitcher in fridge for 1-2 hours to get nice and cold(I don’t like added ice to my punches as it tends to dilute the drinks!)
- Once ready to serve fill glasses 3/4’s of the way with the punch and top with soda water
- Garnish with a mint sprig and lemon slice!
The perfect Strawberry Lemonade for my punch happened to be one of the Signature Drinks, only available at Wendy’s!