[df_divider_text title=”The 101 on Vintage Levi’s” title_align=”separator_align_center” el_width=”100″ style=”solid” accent_color=”#EEEEEE” padding=”20px 0″ position=”align_center” el_class=”” border_t_width=”2px”]
There is nothing like finding the perfect pair of vintage Levi’s. Especially when you’ve been looking for what seems like months. When it comes to vintage, save yourself some time and ignore the size labels! They will do no good here. You need to get down and dirty and try them on or go by exact measurements when purchasing online. If you’re like me, stretch denim is losing it’s place in your closet. I’m kind of over it to be honest. I love the stiff, non stretch fit of Levi’s. While skinny jeans still have a place in my heart, I’m more focused on growing my Levi’s collection then anything else.
[df_banner_sc title=”Shop” typo_type=”h2″ subtitle=”Vintage Levi’s” back_image=”http://i.ngimg.com/resources/nastygal/images/products/processed/64111.1.zoom.jpg” link_url=”http://www.nastygal.com/clothes/after-party-vintage-levis-501-jeans-?currency_code=US&country_code=US&gdftrk=gdfV27603_a_7c1215_a_7c3087_a_7c64111_d_DENIM_d_27&gclid=CjwKEAjwguu5BRDq8uSKhaKIzDkSJACQ7WJlWM4Z3QNGiyCpNvPaCkW0uREjEITNAarA0RNxwnOCIBoC6BDw_wcB” link_target=”_blank” height=”450″ el_class=””]
[df_divider_text title=”Which styles to buy though? What size? Where can I find them? What washes can I get? ” title_align=”separator_align_center” el_width=”100″ style=”solid” accent_color=”#EEEEEE” padding=”20px 0″ position=”align_center” el_class=”” border_t_width=”2px”]
Those are just a few of the questions I had when starting out on my hunt for all things Levi’s. And to tell you the truth, it’s really all up to you and your personal preference. Since most vintage Lev’is were originally meant for men, the fit and size will vary depending on your body type.
Here are a few of my tops tips when it comes to finding the perfect pair of vintage Levi’s.
- The levi’s fit is personal. Go by how it feels and looks according to your shape. Numbers don’t matter here.
- The top three Vintage styles are 501’s, 505’s and 551’s, search accordingly.
- Ebay is a headache, skip it.
- 505’s are great for women with less shape, but can also work with curvy body types
- 501’s have a button closure which means if you have a booty, these are for you!
- The high-rise is everything, don’y shy away from it
- The 551’s are perfect for petite ladies
- Don’t be afraid to wash them. Unlike regular jeans these have lived many lives, and washing them will only help age them more.
- Hem them yourself. At home. With a pair of scissors.
- For vintage levi’s that have been tailored for a perfect tapered fit, head over to Urban Renewal
- Get your butt to thrift stores!